Monday, April 26, 2010

sorry only childfree couples allowed

Brunch is the greatest invention EVER. Sunday morning was fab. I’m seriously hoping to continue this tradition on a regular basis. And sharing food making responsibilities is the best way to go. Both Christina and I chose easy, but wow-worthy foods. I suspect when the Davison’s make their appearance in a few weeks brunch may be on the agenda.
This week we had bloody marys. There has been a request for mimosas next time.

Saturday night I finally outdid myself with chicken and dumplings. I added more garlic, onion and celery in the broth-making process which probably is the reason I blew my own mind. And last night Peter made supper and it didn’t come out of boxes or cans! He made gorgonzola chicken pasta with leftover roasted chicken and broth. He done did good. I know he got a little overwhelmed, but as he can read he did just fine with the cooking part. I was quite impressed.

Tonight I’m gonna make up some sort of chicken mole sauce-probably mole negro as it’s my personal favorite, but no one else seems to like it. After that I’m heading down to Butch’s armed with a red pen and about 70 pages of poetry as I’ve been asked to edit a supertopsecretpoetrymanuscript.

Hopefully you’ll get to read it someday too.

No comments: