Saturday, March 7, 2009

things i learned in oaxaca

1. Germans and Argentineans can be snotty. And cheap.

2. Mexican otc cold medications are far superior to American otc cold medications.

3. If it only costs 10 pesos to go 30 miles it’s probably going to be a fairly filthy experience.

4. Hammocks are the bomb.

5. Octopus should actually be tender when cooked properly.

6. I thought I knew mole. I did not. Eating good mole can be a religious experience.

7. Good cab drivers are worth their weight in gold especially ones who encourage you to drink beer in their back seat.

8. Time means nothing in Mexico.

9. Never overlook market food. It will probably blow your mind.

10. Corn ice cream is amazing.

11. Learning to say “cuanto” isn’t really very helpful if you can’t understand how much the item will be.

12. The world is small when viewed from a beach at night under the milky way with a stranger who yearly visits to your very small hometown in Vermont.

Pictures.

1 comment:

Old Gates Farm said...

wonderful pictures, erin. so very colorful.