Wednesday, October 8, 2008

don't tell anyone but i'm getting kinda sick of this whole election thing

• Last Thursday AM Peter and I got up at 5:45am, drove to GR, stood in a long line, got through insane security, and saw Obama. Good times.

• Last Thursday night I tried to watch the VP debates, but had to keep leaving the room because I think I have an allergic reaction to Sarah Palin’s voice.

• Last Friday night an old friend from college came into town for homecoming weekend. Good times.

• Last Saturday I slept until 1pm. Peter and I somehow switched roles as he got up at 8am and went to work.

• Last Saturday night I played cards and won a bunch of times. I also got called a lot of names for said wins. Not good times.

• Sunday I went for brunch with aforementioned friend from college.

• Sunday night I fell asleep during The Family Guy.

• Monday afternoon Neal John VanTil was born. We went to the hospital to see the family. Mama and baby are doing well.

• Monday night I somehow missed supper.

• Tuesday I survived, but skipped the debates in order to watch most of season 2 of 30 Rock. Given the Diane Rehm I heard today I think I made the right choice.

• Tonight I have to moderate a post-film discussion on electronic voting machines. I know virtually nothing about electronic voting machines.

• Tomorrow morning I’m meeting my BFF for coffee.

• Tomorrow night I’m going to see The Fleet Foxes in GR. Yay!

• Friday I’m off. I need to start getting serious about Christmas present-making.

• Saturday I work.

• Sunday I’m hoping to get in some baby time.

How’s everyone else doing?

1 comment:

kevdek said...

Oh, well thanks for asking - I'm doing fine.

You made a good decision not watching the debate last night. They rehashed the same half-truth-filled issues as the other debates. I, too, am really tired of the whole process. It's getting stale.

You're going to love Fleet Foxes. I saw them this summer - it was great. Hope to see you in a few weeks.