I seem to have come into contact with individuals today who blow my mind with their ability to appear to be productive members of society. How is it possible you drove a vehicle to get here and yet are incapable of comprehending simple directions? How can you possibly be caring for a young child with another on the way and yet are unable to dress yourself?
Oy.
Because we are the lamest of the lame we watched two movies last night. The Savages. Meh. Philip Seymour Hoffman and Laura Linney are genius but it wasn't nothing special. Lars and the Real Girl was definitely more interesting. It was weird and funny and oddly heartwarming all at once. Plus Ryan Gosling is dreamy.
I've been consuming books at an alarming rate again. This does really great things for my head. I finished this book recommended by a Mr. Peter Berghoef and it was a satisfying though twisted read. That was right after I finished reading this David Mitchell book. My love for the young boy coming of age story is starting to even creep me out, but nevertheless this book was a great tight read. I'm also finally almost finished with this Tate book of prose poems which will be a relief as that man can get into my brain in a very permanent way. Next up is the new Jeanette Winterson which is so sci-fi I can't believe I'm going to read it. We're talking spaceships, here, people. A post apocalyptic love story. I'll let you know how it goes.
I'm in possession of something I shouldn't be and normally I would feel really bad about it, but for some reason I don't. We have a copy of the new My Morning Jacket cd that hasn't been released yet. I think I don't feel bad because, well, it's not very good. There's a truly horrific song on there called Librarian which is so painful to listen to I actually want to blush when I hear it. I won't give up entirely as I'm always a fan of bands changing it up and doing something different, but I'd think long and hard before I'd shell out cash for that puppy.
Sunday I have to go to a baby shower. Thankfully it's going to be a cool baby shower which will not include any games other than Loteria and though I don't know the expectant mother very well I will have friends there. I, of course, have not yet purchased a gift. Right now I'm thinking a book--Olivia or Where the Wild Things Are or something--and a handmade fleece stuffed animal to accompany said book. I'm oddly excited at the prospect of what kind of freakish stuffed animal I'll come up with.
Tonight we're supposed to get some wicked storms which probably won't happen but would be fun for a number of reasons:
1. Our apartment is a kickass place during thunderstorms. No. Really. It can get kinda scary up there.
2. We need rain. Badly. We got a ton of snow this winter, but our spring has been painfully dry.
3. For the first time in years there will be tulips for Tulip Time unless there's a big storm tonight and they get blown to hell.
Muwhahahahahahaha!
Friday, May 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I liked The Savages.
And how did you get the new MMJ album? I'll check 'my sources' again - But it isn't very good, eh?
Check with Berghoef re where he got the album. I'd prefer to remain blissfully ignorant of such goings ons.
I was not impressed.
Post a Comment