It was an insane week of insanity topped off by a whopping 27 kids showing up for Teen Iron Chef: Desserts. I got a little taste of what my summer is going to be like (our current schedule has us averaging about 6 programs per week which, imho, is about twice as many as we should be running...) and I realized that not running when life gets stressful does not in fact alleviate stress. If you could remind me of that in the throws of the week where I'm currently scheduled to run a Spa Night, do a story time at the Farmers Market, run our Reading Buddies program, pull off a Flip Flop craft day and do another family story time that would be swell.
My running for the week was derailed by my 6 month dermatology appointment yesterday. I got cut into. Twice. Once on my left arm and once on the back left of my neck. If it's nothing, I should hear by postcard within 10 days. If it's nothing serious, I'll find out when I get my stitches out in 10 days. If I get a phone call, well, I go back in for more extensive cutting. This appointment was set up a long time ago, but hearing from Michael about a friend of his who had survived heart surgery not 6 months ago only to discover he has stage 4 melanoma and there is nothing they can do put me in the "just take it off" mindset for the first time since my initial diagnosis years ago.
In much more frivolous news, I finally took a break from all my teen lit reading and starting "Clash of Kings." This whole series is hilarious if only because it is so mediocre writing-wise and yet so compelling plot-wise. I anxiously read through chapters in anticipation of the next Arya chapter! I'm still waiting for Daenerys to show up! And in between I get delightful descriptions of food and blowjobs!
I also have begun the final season of the epic series "7th Heaven." There are some who believed me to be speaking in jest when I mentioned on facebook how excited I was to obtain the show on DVD from my local library. To be clear: I love the Camdens. Sometimes I love to hate them. Lucy in particular is a devil woman. As is the whore-faced Ruthie. And there is something terribly wrong with Sandy's face though technically she's not a Camden, but really all of those side-characters are family member fillers especially after they exiled Jessica Beal's character Mary for being slutty. And the twins are just downright creepy. The acting is horrible. The scripts are a muddled mess churchiness. But I swear, there is something amazing going on here. Between the monotone line delivery from Kevin and the tear-rimmed eyes of Reverend Camden, I feel as though I'm watching a morality play not to be missed.
We did start Justified to balance out the 7th Heaven. And what an equalizer it has been. I now know under no circumstances can I ever live in Kentucky.
In case there was any doubt about that.
No comments:
Post a Comment