Monday, April 30, 2012

three trips to vermont in one year?!?

I may be attending my 20th high school reunion in July.

I know. I know. I'm fairly alarmed myself.

I knew the invitation was coming, but I had pretty much ruled out going as it's a mere 5 weeks after I would have just come back from Vermont and it's my first summer in the youth services department and I never ever ever was really all that into the whole reunion thing.

And then my bff of yore, Pev, contacted me asking if I was going. My bff of yore whom I have not seen in over 10 years as she now lives in Winnepeg and I live in Michigan and somehow our going-home-for-Christmas rotations are opposite.

For Pev?  I will go. 

(And I'll start taking bets on how many ridiculous things we may manage to do in one very short weekend. Will Eed and Pev get tattoos to commemorate their first tattoos 20 years ago? Will Eed and Pev manage to track down an old Toyota Tercel to drive around town? Will Eed and Pev smoke cloves? Drink copious amounts of alcohol? Watch Reality Bites whilst quoting the entire movie?)

But for the first trip, we leave the Grandest of Rapids on Friday June 15th at some ridiculously early time, like, 5:30am and will arrive in lovely Burlington, Vermont by about 9:30am. Now, this was clearly not my first choice as neither Peter nor I are particularly fond of early mornings especially the morning after, say, a Destroyer show at the Ladies Lit Club, but the price was right and the timing actually means I get to spend a few more hours with my Uncle Harold and Aunt Diane so it's totally worth it. We're not exactly sure how we're going to get to the airport yet though my favorite plan so far revolves around hanging out with the Boyles post-show for a few hours, having them drop us off at the airport at an ungodly hour after which they'd start the long drive to Vermont while we crash out on the plane. 

But seriously, I'm super-psyched about the June Vermont trip. I haven't been out there in June for so long and it's so green and so pretty and there are so many wonderful people who are coming together to celebrate our wedding.  It will be a party to end all parties! And THEN we get to hang out in the most coolest city of Burlington for a few days. Walking to Pennycluse for breakfast, hitting up A Single Pebble for amazing Chinese, trying out Three Needs Brewery, driving through the Notch, maybe visiting some cheesemakers and definitely visiting some breweries. 

June 15th: I'm ready for you now!!!!




No comments: