Gross, I know. But I couldn't help it. It's just too easy.
Here's a random sampling of what's up:
After going on a roller coaster of emotions about whether or not to vote in the Republican Primary yesterday ("We should vote for Santorum because he'll be easier to beat in November!" "No wait! We should vote for Romney because I'll be so embarrassed for Michigan if Santorum wins and I should have a say in who the potential nominee is!"), we ended up voting in the uncontested Democratic Primary which may sound stupid, but I really feel smug about showing up and making it clear no one from the GOP field deserves my vote. FYI: Santorum stomped all over Romney in Ottawa County: 48.7% to 35.5% with Ron Paul a very distant third at 8.5%.
I ran 6 days a week for 1 month and lost 8lbs. I have signed up for the St. Patty's Day Pacer with my friend Julie who is 100% responsible for me even running again. My mood has dramatically improved. I feel about 9000 times better. After one month, I'm starting to remember that 30 minutes really does kind of feel like a warm-up. I was planning on today being my off day, but it's 50 degrees out there. There will be running after work.
Twitter has kind of become a new obsession for me. I "watched" the GOP Mesa, Arizona debate through live tweets from one Dem, one Rep, and one comedian. I loved it. I have virtually no one following me which makes it amazingly freeing. And I love being able to unfollow anyone at anytime if they get irritating. I'm still kind of confused by the retweeting and the favoriting, but whatev.
There will be no 3-day Pitchfork Music Festival for me this year. Vampire Weekend and Feist just won't cut it. If they announce someone amazing in the next few weeks, I'd definitely consider a one day pass. Otherwise, methinks I'm looking at a Wheatland kind of year festival-wise.
The next few weeks are insane at work. Next week is Teen Tech Week so we have 3 extra programs. It's March Madness so we've got a bracket program and we're showing a movie. And Hunger Games is released so there's a few hours of Hunger Games trivia, crafting, and giveaways coming up. AND I'm attending Spring Institute in Ann Arbor for two days at the end of March which I was excited about until I read the program descriptions and they seem a little...old lady-ish, but whatever! I'm going to use the time to network and get as many new ideas as possible.
I done booked my Amtrak ticket and I'm heading south to Chicago for a long weekend. Unfortunately, it's over St. Patrick's Day. Fortunately, aside from needing to head down there to meet with Matt from YOUMedia at the Harold Washington Library (!!!) on St. Patrick's Day (Thank you Kevin!!!) I don't really need to deal with the Michigan Avenue area. Unfortunately, Peter won't be able to go. Fortunately, it's because he's got tickets to see The Black Keys in Grand Rapids with Reuben that weekend. Fortunately, I get to stay at Le Casa de Kapetyn-Dekkinga! Fortunately, I get to see Rebecca and Sandy! Fortunately, I will most likely get to spend some solo time at the Art Institute! Fortunately, I have no doubt in my mind it's going to be a trip I desperately need to take at the most perfect time!
I'm reading The Fountainhead. It rules.
Happy Bizarre Way Humans Attempt To Control The Rotation Of The Earth Day!
Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment