Friday, August 26, 2011

corn husked and frozen

Because I am a crazy person, I've decided to attempt to make this skirt.  And I've decided to have it done by October 8th.  Or 9th.  Eighth if I think it looks awesome enough to get married in.  Ninth if I think it looks awesome enough to wear while hanging out with about 100 of our closest friends and family.  Oh hell. I might wear it both days.  If it's that magical.

I'm concerned. I'm not gonna lie.  It's not a complicated pattern and I do love me some cables, but that's not much time to make something that sort of kind of needs to fit me well at the end of it all.  Plus it would really be nice to have it done the week before so, you know, I can find something to wear with it.  The belt is ESSENTIAL.  Absolutely positively essential. And there will be some cool tights.  And perfect shoes.  And the perfect necklace.

There was discussion it should be made out of a champagne colored yarn.  As a red wine drinker, I demurred. I will spill tomato sauce, wine, a martini, a beer..something.  I will spill something if it's light colored.  So, I went out and bought..wait for it...you'll be shocked.........

Dark gray!  My favorite color!  After black!  Which would clearly be inappropriate for a wedding!  But dark gray?  It's practically champagne colored!

I mentioned the tights, right?

There will be brightish tights!  And a belt!  I promise the belt will not be black!

And whatever I wear on top I really really really promise won't be black!

No black!





No comments: