Tuesday, July 19, 2011

"we're one cubs game away from a ferris bueller day"

I could go on ad nauseum about our Pitchfork Music Festival/urban biking adventure/awesome foodstuffs/Art Institute weekend in Chicago.  I won't because most of you will be forced to listen to me go on and on about how amazing biking in that city can be, and how the contrast between hearing Animal Collective on Friday night and Fleet Foxes on Saturday night was so perfect and unique, and lula continues to be delicious, and watching Ariel Pink for 30 minutes before he had his typical meltdown was so worth it, and the Viking Funeral from The Whistler might be the single best cocktail I ever had followed very close behind by the gin/cucumber/lime/cilantro drink Christina introduced me to, and the Tour de Fat bike parade was incredible, and the beer cheese from the Berghoff is probably chock full of crack it's so addictive, and The Girl and the Goat was even better than I expected, and Odd Future was crazy offensively entertaining, and going to a bike-friendly restaurant like Handlebar means you can safely lock up your bike and eat delicious vegan food, and just walking into the Art Institute for the first time in my life got me a little choked up, and I can't help it-I still love the CTA, and stumbling upon a brewery like The Haymarket with a solid IPA after a weekend of Heineken light is just what the beer doctor ordered, and discovering a new band like Wild Nothing is what makes Pitchfork my favorite festival, and! and! and!

We should go out for drinks and I'll detail the ride through Wicker Park on Saturday night at 10:30 pm, and describe the flavor of the baby grilled octopus we had yesterday, and attempt to explain how I felt when Peter found the Joseph Cornell boxes in the modern European wing at the museum,

and! and! and!

No comments: