Thursday, September 30, 2010

the weekend is nigh

Here’s the plan-

Friday night: Blitzen Trapper at the Ladies Lit Club with about a million of my most favorite people from west Michigan. The biggest bummer is that ArtPrize is going on so parking could be a drag as could getting my preshow ritual Irish carbomb from The Cottage. The show itself? Not concerned. Blitzen Trapper could potentially blow the roof off the place.

Saturday: Peter and Erin have the whole day off. Together. With no specific plans. This is epic. This never ever happens. The market will probably happen. A trip to Sandcastle will probably happen. Beef stock might happen. And French Onion soup. Possibly something involving chicken. Maybe a trip to Target to get another season of Top Chef which has become my most favorite show. Anything is possible.

Sunday: Peter and Erin have the whole day off. Together. This is epic. This never ever happens. But Sunday is a biiiig day as it’s Neal’s 2nd birthday party. There will be hardhats. There will be cake. And presents. Lots of presents most likely. There will be crazy children running wild. Anything is possible.

I really need to get organized with homemade Christmas. There are ideas marinating, but as October 1 is tomorrow (and my mother gently reminded me that as we’re flying to Vermont this year mayhaps I’ll want to get my act together in time to ship presents) I need to start producing. I got sidetracked by a scarf for Peter to match his most favorite winter coat and I really need to finish my embroidery sampler which was supposed to just get thrown away, but has been requested by the Boyles to be stitched together for a table..thingy. I hesitate to call it a tablecloth as it is for a side table, but I guess it’s sort of a tablecloth. I may need to make myself a chart with everyone’s name and a list of what I’m making. I have some new ideas and some things I’ve never done before in the works. I will not freak out. I will become a crafting machine.

And every year I say it, but this year I mean it: I will start in January next year.

Will I ever learn?

No comments: