I overbought at the market.
I swore I wouldn’t do that.
In my defense, we actually get to eat supper together for the next two whole nights. Tomorrow night is pasta night where I was planning on using up the rest of the amazingly delicious asparagus roasted red pepper stuff I bought at the Green Market in Chicago and when I saw eggplant and peppers and laciano kale and beautiful looking tomatoes I figured my pasta sauce was complete. Friday night is grilling night so I needed to pick up romaine because grilled romaine is crazy good and Peter is skeptical. Tonight I was planning stir fry and the swiss chard was just so pretty and the broccoli looked so good and the red onion was calling my name.
We’ll eat it all. Yes. Yes, we will.
I’m this close to being half done with Infinite Jest. This book may have ruined fiction for me. It’s that good.
We have a new neighbor downstairs. Rumor has it her name is Erin. I have not met her yet. She’s got a big black lab, a cross over her door, a piano, and lacy curtains. Despite it not being my taste, it’s amazing how less…trashy the place looks. It helps that SHE has new windows and WE’RE still waiting. Once those are in I’m actually thinking curtains wouldn’t be such a bad idea. One of these days I’m going to introduce myself and I was thinking instead of a batch of cookies or something I’d give her a list of things in Holland she may not know about: lemonjellos, full circle, the market, that Meijer is significantly cheaper than Family Fare...that sort of thing. I have zero desire to be friends with her as the Family Compound Thing is something I wish I could rid my life of, but friendly is probably in order. It’s weird having someone below us. Not entirely bad, but different.
The big news:
Neal has a tooth.
I can’t wait to see it.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
if she has a piano, i'm comin over for a hymn sing.
i think she might be into that
Post a Comment