I am back on the bike. 8 slow miles yesterday. Am I supposed to be on the bike? I don’t know. My leg wound is oozing and itching and burning (yay for being allergic to internal stitches! yay for most likely being allergic to altabax!) but fuck it. I’m sick of being a lump. I’m sick of not being legitimately tired. I’m sick of my clothes not fitting. Six weeks of no exercise and “vacation” food is just not good. I’m taking back my healthy lifestyle.
Good things I consumed this weekend include:
a prosciutto, brie, arugula sammidge on delicious bread
a kale, red onion omelet with my first german butterball potatoes from visser farms
grilled organic chicken thighs marinated in peanut sauce with asian kohlrabi slaw
Sweet cherries are out. They aren’t SUPER sweet, but in a few weeks they’re gonna be amazing. The two pints we bought are almost gone. Peter was responsible for the kohlrabi as while at the eater’s guild stand purchasing kale and arugula he pointed out the kohlrabi and mentioned he pointed it out only because he was proud he knew what it was. The guy at the stand asked if we liked it and what we made with it and then proceeded to tell us to take a couple as he “didn’t want to bring them home.” I also suspect it was because we’re two-times-a-week-customers. And it was after 12pm. I’m usually an early morning market shopper, but the benefits to going later are starting to make sense.
In other news, Peter isn’t supposed to be buying any more new vinyl, but came home with the Black Keys new on vinyl. I’m reading Infinite Jest with two bookmarks and loving it. I taught myself how to knit lace. I’ve been watching Six Feet Under and various Star Trek movies. The Boyles joined us in the second annual pilgrim fireworks Saturday night.
And Pitchfork is coming.
Monday, July 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
cherries: yes
six feet under: yes
pitchfork: yes
Post a Comment