Poe is in the house, yo.
In less than 24 hours she went from refusing to leave her kitty carrier to doing lines of nip on her new scratchy box and rubbing all up against you when you walk in the room. Food has been eaten, litter has been used. Grace is less than thrilled to be banned from the tv room, but aside from a little (terrifying!) growling she mostly seems to be looking at us with this “Hey. HEY! I’m not sure if you guys are aware of this or not, but I think there’s ANOTHER CAT in that room!” expression. I think tonight is the night we do the big introduction. Peter and I will be armed with squirt guns and water bottles if things get out of hand.
So…State beat Connecticut. Huh. 8 minutes from the end Travis and I got all nervous as UConn looked like they might pull it together and State looked like they do when they’re about to fall apart. But they pulled it off. With lots of fouls, but they pulled it off. I could only stomach the first half of the UNC/Villanova game (in the first 3 minutes UNC managed to score the same number of 3-pointers UConn did…the whole.game.) as I wanted to enjoy the win just a little bit longer before the reality of State having to take them on Monday night sunk in. We have some things going for us: we’re the Cinderella team, we’ve got the hometown crowd, and we really really really really need this. But UNC looks so well rounded. Great defense, amazing outside shooting, and they don’t seem to ever miss foul shots (a personal pet peeve of mine. You’re 12 feet from the basket with no one’s hand in your face. You should be able to make that freaking shot with your eyes closed). They’re a classy team. But you know what? We’re hungry. We’ll take nothing for granted. And we will find their weaknesses and destroy them.
Ahem. I really want us to win Monday. Bad.
Tuesday night if you’re in GR (5ish maybe?) you should come to Founders and hang out.
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment