Tuesday, April 21, 2009

if blitzen trapper isn't my new favorite band i don't know what is

It’s cold, rainy, and damp. I’m nursing a headache (weather-related?) and at work until 9pm with a union meetin’ after that which means I most likely won’t get home until after 10 and I have to work tomorrow at 8. I have never gone to a union meeting, but we’re renegotiating the contract and for the first time I actually care. In fact, I care enough I put my name in to be on the negotiating team. This could be an epic mistake as no matter what the contract outcome I’m sure I’ll hear plenty of opinions on how it turned out. But I’d rather be in there getting my hands dirty than not.

Let the games begin.

National Record Store Day was a success: Dylan 7", Tom Waits 7", Blitzen Trapper 7", Dan Auerbach's solo album, a used copy of Infidels for $5.99, and the new Brian Wilson which was thrown into our purchase for the cost of me giving our LRS proprietor a pen. It sounds like the day was a success and I hope it continues to be an annual thing. Next year I promised baked goods to Steve.

The blessed union of Grace and Poe continues. They are now capable of sitting in the same room with minimal growling and hissing. I consider this progress. I’ve taken to calling Poe “Miss Fancypants” as she has a tendency to parade about. Man, that cat is plucky. And a purr factory. Grace doesn’t seem unhappy unless Poe invades her territory. The look on Grace’s face when she hears Poe scratching on her scratchy box is priceless. Mostly Grace works hard at pretending Poe doesn’t exist.

This weekend:

Friday night: Peter is working. I will most likely be going for a ride as the weather is finally supposed to change back to spring
Saturday: go for a ride in the AM; bake Xtina cookies and deliver to various interested parties; attend Groove Walk downtown on bike
Sunday: Head to Detroit for Noah and the Whale with the BFF at the Magic Bag which sadly means missing Melissa's bday extravaganza in GR. Ways to make it up to her are in the works.

Don’t you all wish you were here?

4 comments:

kevdek said...

yes

metal said...

blitzen trapper is pretty money. dan auerbach can go fuck himself.

p said...

no you can

rebecca said...

i've been drinkni magic hat & thinking of you.