Tuesday, February 17, 2009

steady as she goes

I’ve got that holding-on-to-the-end-of-a-whip-feeling.

This leads to sleepless nights.

Like last night.

2:30am found me awake and writing nonsense.
3:30am found me pondering trickle down economics and how bad things would have to get in the US to make moving to China sound like a better life.
3:45am found me reading David Foster Wallace short stories.
7:10am found me wondering how I was going to get through this workday without tears.

Beirut’s new album “March of the Zapotec” comes out today. It was inspired by Zach Condon’s recent trip to Oaxaca. I must own this.

Homemade macaroni and cheese is amazing: mascarpone, seriously sharp cabot, a little cream, a little butter, and some sage. You will not be sorry.

And I dare you to find this anything less than awesome.

2 comments:

rebecca said...

seriously sharp.

(it helps with panic attacks too)

i also forgot to mention how much i liked it when you called him "young peter."

metal said...

consider homemade macaroni and cheese with... FRIED SHALLOTS!