Wednesday, February 11, 2009

every tuesday night should be like this

This was good

My first cottage burger: from the rye bun to the green olives-ingenious deliciousness

Titus Andronicus: A big old mess of sound that hit the spot. Amazing. Truly.

Los Campesinos!: Pop music at it’s best

Founders: Their double trouble IPA is a masterpiece

I could attempt to wax poetic about the show, but I wouldn’t do it justice. There is little better than buying a $10 ticket, traveling a mere 25 miles away, having no expectations and yet having what might be one of the best concert experiences I’ve had in a while. We bought vinyl of two bands whom I might never have gone to see if I’d heard them first (Technically we bought vinyl of one band and Joel bought vinyl of the other but we have duel custody of said albums unless, of course, that Titus ends up being as awesome as I think it will be in which case I’ll have no choice but to order it from Full Circle) as neither of them sound like something I’d be into. The power of live music. And The Ladies Literary Club. And Ken Hefner being awesome.

After having lived together for over a year we’re finally having Peter’s parents over for supper in the barn Friday night.

The menu:
roasted organic chicken
roasted veggies (potatoes, carrots, and onion)
sautéed kale
homemade bread
salad
homemade brownies with ice cream

I say, yum-my.

2 comments:

rebecca said...

i see cobwebs did not make it on the menu. very suspicious.

erin said...

in theory, young Peter will be decobwebbing tonight.

cobwebs may indeed end up making an appearance.