Monday, June 9, 2008

a sassy dress can only do so much

It's the first day of the summer reading sign-ups. Every year it's chaos. Lines and lines of people with stacks and stacks of books. I've been at this for nigh on seven years and every single year I'm taken by surprise at just how busy we are. I'm really looking forward to a night of solitude. Smiling and being nice can be exhausting.

SITC was grand. Was it a good movie? I honestly don't know. I know that as a fan of the show I thought it was darn near perfect. The clothes! The shoes! The sex! The drama! I wore heels so high I was actually concerned I wouldn't be able to walk. I did. I also ended up in pain for a day or so as a result but they were the purrrfect shoes. Fashion sometimes means pain. We ended up at City Vu after where I was underwhelmed by the cocktails and overwhelmed by the flatbreads: roasted duck with mole, scallions, and goat cheese on one and smoked salmon, marscapone cream cheese, and scallions on the other. The duck was, of course, divine.

It's been raaaaainy here. Scary rain. Like our house should be leaking or demolished scary. Thankfully neither of those things happened. We got a little stir crazy, but other than that we're all good. Iron Man was good old fashioned super hero fun. I Am Legend was so awful I'm still sort of shocked it got made. I started reading The Sportswriter and I'm loving it.

Tonight I hear some folks are coming into town to see Peter. Unfortunately, yet again, I will be unable to enjoy the festivities as tomorrow will no doubt be a repeat of today. And as I'm still learning the ropes of my new duties I need to be on top of my game.

I'm so responsible.

No comments: