Oy. Busy.
It's the second week of summer reading and usually that means the crowds start dying down a little. Not here. Lines and lines of people and stacks and stacks of books and lots and lots of new registrations and tons and tons of replacement costs of items. On top of the business on the desk my duties behind desk continue to keep me occupied. My head is swimming with excel spreadsheets. Though I've been told I should feel really good about how much I've picked up on these past 2 weeks I still feel like I faking it. I'm nice ALL the time. My phone voice could be considered slightly pornographic. It ain't right.
Thankfully I have a small life outside where I get to cuss like a sailor and drink like a fish. Okay, okay the drinking like a fish isn't so true anymore unless someone like Becky comes to town. I fear Peter is becoming tired of drinking entire growlers of Founders all by himself (HA!). I haven't been to the Sandbar since I've been back from Vermont. And one pint of IPA can make me sleepy. Might have something to do with the more consistent running schedule. Might have something to do with the biking to work everyday. Might have something to do with working whilst at work.
Man. I'm even boring myself.
Confidentially? I still should be wearing a "Life is Good" t-shirt. I'm unnervingly content these days. I think it has something to do with summer.
Last night we watched "The Puffy Chair." I was worried it would be all pretentious-y and self-conscious. Thankfully it was neither. I really liked how it was shot as it reminded me of Old Joy--close and kind of hand heldish. I really hated the female character which may or may not have been part of the point. I cannot stand emotionally manipulative women who constantly need reassurance of their worth through their relationship. I kept turning to Peter saying, "There are women out there like this. I KNOW women like this. God, I hate women like this." Still, it was worth 84 minutes of my life to watch.
Tomorrow is market day and I'm going to be the grateful recipient of someone's CSA share. I can't wait to see what I get. AND the strawberries are officially in. AND tomorrow is the day I finally pick up my plants: coupla tomatoes and a buncha herbs. This means tonight I need to go out and get me some pots and some dirt. I also have 3 pounds of asparagus in my fridge that need blanching and freezing soon so I may have that on the agenda tonight as well. Plus tonight is longish bike ride night. And I just picked up the first season of The Shield, the next book in the Stephanie Meyers series (young adult books about a girl who's in love with a vampire. Buffy fan, anyone?), the new David Sedaris, and I'm only half finished with The Sportswriter.
There is talk of buying tickets to the Nick Cave show in Chicago which I can't believe isn't sold out yet given the stellar reviews from the last album, but there it is. I'm optimistic we'll commit to that sooner rather than later.
Wow. That might be the most exciting news of this entire post.
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I had similar feelings about 'the puffy chair' although I don't think I enjoyed it as much as you did. As your basis of comparison, I liked 'old joy' much more.
Our first CSA drop is Saturday. I think this is remarkable considering all the flooding we've had.
Give me details on the nick cave show. Of course, you have a place to stay if you do decide to come down - maybe I'll consider buying tix myself.
Post a Comment