Thursday, June 5, 2008

the winnemere was good, but the constant bliss was better

I'll admit it. I welled up a little watching Barak Obama's speech from St. Paul. I have decided to keep him at arm's length, however. I've been burned too many times by the Democratic Party getting all Democratic Party-like the past 2 decades plus. I want to believe him, but I'm just going to have to see. The first test will be the running mate. If he goes with Hillary (slim to none chance imho) or some other tired old Washington politico, I will be shopping for another candidate. I'd LOVE it if he'd go with Chuck Hagel, but that could be political suicide for him. I'd be thrilled with Edwards. Mostly I'm happy to be moving forward with the election and will be even happier when Hillary disappears.

I've been enjoying my new job maybe a little too much. I like being busy. I like learning new things. I like my new schedule. Yesterday I left at noon and didn't come back until noon today. I've been asked to switch my Friday hours from the afternoon to the morning which would mean my weekend would begin at noon every.single.Friday. I'm technically "thinking it over" but my friend Julie said she'd hit me in the head if I pass it up. I've been living a good clean life, it's true. Going to bed early, running every other day, biking to work and longer when I can. I'm creepily content.

Tomorrow night I'm getting all girlied up and going to see SITC with some friends. There will be a strapless dress and heels involved. Hopefully a new haircut too. After we're planning on either City Vu or Butch's for a beverage. Becky was invited, but she seems to think going to a family wedding is more important. Saturday morning is market day where eggs will need to be purchased along with whatever plants and herbs I plan on trying not to kill for the summer. The rest of the weekend? Who knows. Trying to stay cool in our very hot and humid apartment, maybe getting a grill so I'm not cooking in our very hot and humid apartment, maybe hitting up the Dock on Sunday if it every stops raining.

1 comment:

rebecca said...

i didn't realize the sitc event was this weekend--i'm not coming home until tueday the 10th. i really do need some wine advice. and a drinking buddy or two.

question: do you have silver fish in the barn? if so, how do you deal?