I'm so busy I don't even know where to start which is why I'm sitting here blogging instead of doing one of the 9,672 things I should be doing:
- teaching myself HTML so I can figure out how to hack the library website
- planning my last December story time and starting on January
- figuring out how to structure my last few weeks of Act Out!
- editing video footage from Act Out!
- creating crafts for Discovery Packs
- filling out my first grievance form for a union member
The union stuff I can't do while at work, the HTML stuff I can't really do while on a service desk, nor can I edit video footage or create crafts which narrows things down significantly.
Dang. That was actually a helpful exercise.
And then there's what?
HANDMADE CHRISTMAS!
I have started one major project (that I would love to replicate for 3 more people-1 of which absolutely positively must be done before Christmas) and the total time for completion is about 26 hours. I have about 20 hours to go. On one of them. So 124 hours. For 4 gifts.
This year I'm under the added pressure of having to give gifts to co-workers (smaller department and a very gift-giving department at that) and I usually like to do a little something for close friends.
I say it every year and I never do it: Why do I not spread this stuff out over the year?!?
Part of the reason is that I'm so sick of stitching and knitting and crafting and baking by the time Christmas rolls around, I just don't want to do it anymore. It seriously takes me 10 months to recover from the madness.
The other reason is a little personality tip my 9th grade English teacher (who just about failed me, I might add) told me about myself: I work best under pressure.
Cheers to procrastinators!
No comments:
Post a Comment