Tuesday, December 20, 2011

it is a tired like no other

I am exhausted. Completely, utterly exhausted. My brain is complete mush. My eyes are burning. I feel like, if I had the time, I could sleep for two days.

I should feel elated. We are downstairs! The cat can be trapped in the basement! I have my own room with a door I can close! Peter has an office space! Our bedroom is ginormous! 

For some reason? I feel defeated. Maybe it's because a program we planned for tonight had zero attendance while a bunch of mostly way-too-old-for-teen-programs-at-the-library showed up for a group we had cancelled this month and managed to muscle their way into doing what they wanted. Again. Maybe it's because the reality that I am not going to be in Vermont for Christmas is hitting me harder than I would like to admit. Maybe it's because all of the changes we've been facing since we decided to get married are now coming to an end which means what's left standing after the dust settles is...what's left standing.

Yeesh.  

I'm going to go home and listen to my new awesome turntable and drink a glass of wine and go to bed.

Davison, out.

No comments: