Thursday, December 29, 2011

charcuterie, rubber bands, and cleaning products

I think I might start thinking about getting into charcuterie.  I love salumi-proscuitto, capicola, mortadella, soppressata, lebanon bologna. (Why, yes! Yes that would be a recipe for lebanon bologna I found on the internets!  Okay, okay, maybe not my own lebanon bologna.)  I recently purchased some green peppercorn dried salami which lasted me a good long while as I only ate in in very small portions on very special occasions.  Being able to decide what goes into it makes me kinda swoony.

Winter break 2011 is coming to a close at HDL and we're calling it a success.  We had about 115 teens show up over the 2 weeks.  Quite honestly, given the space, I don't know if we could have had more in the room for Cardboard Knights and Angry Birds.  The most important thing I learned over the two weeks:  how to shoot a rubber band.  Properly.  So it hits people.  Or shoots things.  I am eternally grateful to William for teaching me.

I am about to head home where I will quickly change clothes and head upstairs for hopefully the last time. I stayed true to my goal of not going upstairs until after Christmas. The downfall has been that it's really really hard to go up there now that time has passed, but I've vacuumed, wiped baseboards, cleaned the fridge, wiped out cupboards and am thiiiis close to being done with the oven (must purchase drip pans tomorrow). I have help tonight which is nice as cleaning out an old apartment alone is just no fun.  The most important thing I learned whilst moving?  I'm a terrible housekeeper.

Up next:  Rebecca and Sandy are in the Holland area for the weekend (!!!), there be a party goin' on at the Boyli Saturday night (!!!) and soon I get to spend some quality time in the new room o'crafty goodness.  

And maybe some charcuterie......

No comments: