Thursday, December 30, 2010

it's a whopper

I'm sick. My head is completely stuffed up. I am out of Kleenex and being forced to use toilet paper which means my nose is hurty.

I also can't taste anything which has made prep for the goose tomorrow super awesome. I made veggie stock that could be completely under seasoned. I have a roasted squash and sweet potato soup that may have too much smoked paprika but I wouldn't know because I can't taste anything. I braised green cabbage which probably made my apartment stinky, but I can't tell because I can't smell anything. I also washed about 8000 spoons because I was so concerned about contaminating any of the food with my illness. The only food I've actually consumed today is chicken noodle soup. From a can. Which tasted just fine because I couldn't $%#!& taste anything.

To say this is a bummer is an understatement.

Still to do tonight:

roast beets
contemplate applesauce

No comments: