I have curtains. On 2 windows. It’s a start.
I also finally rearranged my kitchen so my pots are hanging on the wall and my spices are no longer directly above the stove. The top of the refrigerator has been cleaned off and the desk as been taken back from the months of old mail and the 50,000 vitamins I take every day. My current to-do-this-week list includes hanging up the rest of the pictures, decorating for Christmas, and scrubbing the kitchen floor on my hands and knees like my momma done taught me.
Thanksgiving. So. I’m making a turkey. It’s my first and though I should be freaking out I’m oddly calm. If it doesn’t work out, it doesn’t work out. I pick my baby up tomorrow and once I know how heavy it is I’ll have a better idea how I’m going to cook it. Right now the plan is herbs and butter under the skin, herbs and butter inside, and salt and pepper all over it. I’m pretty sure I’m going with high heat/short time as I think the breast of this bad boy is going to be smaller and I don’t want it to dry out. I’m also making roasted vegetables and as the turkey is being cooked at Nancy’s house and the vegetables are going to be cooked at our house I haven’t quite worked out the logistics of me being in two places at once. A clone would be nice.
I’ve decided to get a tree. Peter isn’t interested in the mess of it, but I think it’s worth it even if we’re not here for actual Christmas. Christmas isn’t about the day. It’s about the season! I love the smell. I love the ornaments. I love the lights at night! It makes me happy and damn it, I deserve to be happy.
In other news, handmade Christmas is being modified to ensure no one loses their mind (that’s me) or continues to be in agonizing pain due to carpel tunnel (that would be my sister). Only in the Davison household would someone end up with a hand made Christmas injury! I’m still really happy with the way things are looking, but mostly I’m starting to get ridiculously crazy excited about Christmas in Vermont. I only wish everyone had the chance to experience a Davison Family Christmas. Christmas Eve church service! The apple sausage pie on Christmas day! The cinnamon rolls! The Annual Davison Family Christmas Party where there is much eating, drinking and laughing!
I cannot wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment