We’ve been listening to some contraband vinyl. I’m not allowed to talk about it. It’s killing me not to talk about it. So all I can say is we’re listening to some contraband vinyl.
And it’s filthy good.
This weekend I worked. Saturday night found me consuming Chinaman’s food, watching the Gilmore Girls and wondering when I got so lame. I coulda gone to the Sandbar! I coulda gone downtown! Instead I was almost asleep by the time Peter got home. I manage to stay up way too late still thanks to a SNL which wasn’t not funny (the reba mcintyre short alone is worth watching), the God Channel (which is horrifyingly compelling) and some Books videos which rule. Always. My late night lame ass Saturday meant that last night after making some corn chowder I put on my jammies and was asleep before 9:30pm and slept until 7:15am this morning.
It might have been the most awesome sleep ever.
So the holidays are fast approaching and notice I am not freaking out about handmade Christmas. That would be because this year will not be a 100% handmade Christmas. There will be handmade elements, but I’m determined to not kill myself and to have some fun with this whole holiday thing this year. I’m actually attending the library Christmas party. On a Friday night. Without booze (thought technically a bunch of staff are going to Parrots right at 5pm to do some shots so…you know…that’ll make for an exciting evening). I also signed up for Secret Santa here and got my person who I’ve got to say is 100% the single LAST person I could have possibly wanted to get, but damnit, I’m determined to have fun with this and I will make this person smile every freaking day. And for the staff potluck I will not show up with 5 kinds of expensive cheese that I adore, but instead will make something involving potatoes, nine pounds of sour cream and cheese because that’s what my coworkers want. As far as home goes, I’m hoping to get a tree this weekend. I might even buy a wreath for the outside. I’d like to host a small Christmas party involving festive cocktails, appetizers and desserts.
‘Tis the season to be jolly and I’m going to be jolly if it kills me.
Monday, November 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Becky, Xtina and I are leaving on Wednesday! I'm so excited to be home - lets go out for dinner and drinks! Which day works for you?
I'm appreciate your writing skill.Please keep on working hard.^^
Post a Comment