Wednesday, June 10, 2009

michigan strawberries, man. michigan.freaking.strawberries.

This day started with my coworker Julie telling me she saw strawberries at the market. I doubted her. It’s so early for strawberries. I was sure I’d get down there and it’d be one of those stands that sells bananas and apples and lemons-one of those stands I refuse to buy from. Imagine my surprise when it wasn’t just one stand, but multiple stands. I bought from a woman who had the ever-so-important “we only sell what we grow” sign. Her farm is in St. Joseph and she said they’ve been picking for TWO WEEKS. They weren’t organic, but I decided to throw caution to the wind and eat one right then and there. Heaven, people. These strawberries are little juicy sweet morsels. I bought some sugar bread from DeBoer and am seriously considering making French toast for supper. Or maybe being even more crazy and getting up early tomorrow to make it before work.

And I got peas. Yummy.

Summer reading club has officially started. Monday we checked out almost 6,500 items and took in over $1,000. We tripled our circs for a “normal” Monday. I’m tired. Being on desk is exhausting. So many books, so many registrations, so many children with these stupid little pens that have a bobble-y headed top and a suction cup bottom. So many parents who are terrible at parenting. And the smiling! I’ve been joking that I’m going to start putting Vaseline on my teeth ala beauty queen so I don’t have to work so hard.

I’m pretty sure it’s supposed to be Friday today.

1 comment:

rebecca said...

mmm...vaseline teeth...