Thursday, June 4, 2009

i am no longer stitched together. i am glued and taped.

I suspect this is progress.

What I have been up to:

Discussing the validity of star dates in Star Trek: Worthless endeavor as even Gene Roddenberry said they were nonsense and Star Trek isn’t real.

Going to the farmers market to procure plants: 2 brandywines, 1 Mr. Stripey, 2 romas, and a whole mess of herbs.

Trying to learn how to grill: grilled lemon garlic chicken, grilled asparagus, and grilled potatoes were delicious if I do say so myself. Next up I’m thinking eggplant or mushrooms or burgers.

Enjoying not being homebound: I like my job. Next week summer reading program begins. I will probably not like my job so much.

Going to Butch’s: I actually only went last night for the first time in awhile, but I ate some delicious stuff-a savory shitake mushroom shallot cheesecake, grilled halibut on a bed of pepper fettuccini tossed with kalamata olives, roasted peppers, tomatoes, goat cheese, garlic and olive oil, and a peanut butter cheesecake speckled with chocolate. I also had an outstanding martini, a delicious pinot grigio, and a really nice malbec. Plus I went with my gayboyfriend Michael whom I adore.

Not enjoying My Antonia since finishing East of Eden: I’m trying, I really am, but honestly does Willa Cather have to be so…square?

Sudoku: I’m obsessed. It’s like Tetris. It’s like a crossword puzzle. It’s like not doing nothing.

Tonight: Grand Opening of the Boys and Girls Club Northside followed by lasagna made with market spinach, a glass of wine, a walk on the boardwalk, and an early night in bed.

This weekend is gonna be good.

1 comment:

rebecca said...

you had me at shitake cheesecake. glad you're feeling a little better. glad you're annexed to the barn anymore.