Thursday, December 11, 2008

11 days and counting

Busy.
That’s how I’ve been.

Busy at work. Busy with Christmas. Busy with running.

My coworker and I came up with the BRILLIANT idea to waive up to $20 in fines this month for all of our patrons. Cumulatively. This means I spend about 2 hours a day putting messages on every.single.persons.account. Ridiculously time consuming. The good news is we’re able to get a lot of people using their cards who previously were unable to and I suspect we’re going to recover a fair amount of materials as well.

I also now live in fear of coming in contact with the single most insane patron I have yet to encounter. Literally. This woman is a liar and a thief and a self-righteous bitch. And I suspect she’ll be in either tonight, tomorrow, or Saturday. I’m ashamed to say I hope she comes in tomorrow as I have the day off.

Saturday is a full moon. I bet she comes in Saturday.

Christmas is coming. As of right now I have so much to do I prefer not to think about it. Not the actual Christmas part as we’re going to be in Vermont and a Vermont Christmas is practically perfect in every way. Just the amount of stuff I have to get done before reaching Vermont. I’m prioritizing my projects based on my ability to work on them when I actually arrive in Vermont and various family members haven’t yet arrived. But I swear to the little baby Jesus, Bryan’s gift will be done. By Christmas day. No waiting until May this year, I promise!

My goal for running has been 4 days a week for a minimum of 30 minutes. Check. I’ve also recently been introduced to this beauteous thing called an elliptical. The lesbians have one and I tried it out for the first time Monday night-I will run in snow. I will run in cold. But freezing rain? Forget it-and fell in love. Dang. I now hope that at least once a week the weather is too bad to run outside.

And I need new shoes. I suspect that is the main reason my left foot has been achy.

I’m about a third of the way through The Brothers Karamazov. I still dig it.

The governor of Illinois is hilarious.

“Evil Urges” keeps making best of 2008 lists. This makes me sad in my heart.

I bought organic pork chops. I’m going to cook said pork chops on Sunday. This is the recipe.

Breaded indeed.

1 comment:

metal said...

i'm in ur houz, takin ur cat