I'm sick. Peter's sick. Charles is sick. Everyone is sick. It crept up on me, but I'm now sitting at the teen reference desk coughing and sneezing and blowing my nose every few minutes. My poor nose is hurty. I can't hear well. And my cough is explosive.
I would have called in sick, but I'm the only full time employee working today upstairs and the teen department is hosting a fuse bead craft program from 2-4pm. And by "teen department" I mean me and one aide. It's a drop-in program so I'm hoping to remain steadily busy throughout the 2 hours without feeling like we're insane. I took otc cold medicine this morning for the first time in about 5 years so that should be fun. Currently my heart is racing about a million miles a minute and my brain feels like it's wading through molasses. I have a checklist of tasks to accomplish today. I'll be happy to just make it to 6pm.
Despite our respective illnesses (Jack and Nancy were sick too! Our nephews are adorable, but GERMY!), we had a splendid Thanksgiving. It was just the four of us so we watched the Lions game, looked at wedding pictures, and ate a non-traditional feast. I couldn't really taste the roast chicken, but I was told it was really really good. I could taste the rib-eye which I thought was buttery and amazing if I do say so myself. We got a 24 oz 1 3/4 thick rib-eye from Montello's. It was my first time cooking steak and I gotta say I think I nailed it. There was a beautiful crust, thanks to basting it with butter, and it was a perfect medium rare.
I do have to say the best part of Thanksgiving Day was FaceTime chatting with my whole family in Connecticut! My iPhone was finally activated (though don't bother leaving me a voicemail message as I won't get it. I need to call Verizon about that....) and yesterday morning I got to talk to AND see my family. It was amazing. I'm about 5 years behind the technology bandwagon so little things like that can blow my mind. I haven't really had the chance to spend a whole bunch of time with my phone yet-though my fb and Pinterest apps were the first downloaded!-and I'm hoping for a long tutorial with some iPhone aficionados soon. I don't want to go app crazy, but the reason I got it in the first place was to help me get organized. I want the best calendar app. I want the best grocery list app. Suggestions are always welcome.
So think of me today, my friends. Think of me snotting all over a bunch of teenagers. Think of me sneezing so hard I blow apart someone's carefully constructed fuse bead ornament. Think of me smiling and nodding and laughing at jokes I cannot hear.
6pm. I just need to make it to 6pm.
Friday, November 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment