Peter and I have managed to lose a tent. How in the name of bleeding Jesus did we manage to lose a tent? We know not. It's just gone. We went to Wheatland. We slept in our tent. We came home from Wheatland. We put the tent...
Far be it from me to accuse Peter of being a bit lackadaisical with his searching methods, but I was fairly certain I would come home and find it within 5 minutes. He had spent a maddening afternoon searching which is hilarious because we only have 1 very tiny crawlspace and 2 small closets. I opened a couple of trunks and got out the flashlight but I feel fairly confident after a 20 minute search that the tent is not here. He claims he has looked in the trunk of the Honda (which is currently housing a broken turntable, a very large dictionary and my Keens which, coincidentally, were last worn at Wheatland) and I only believe him because he honestly believes he is losing his mind for not being able to find that tent. I bet the spare got taken out just in case the tent could have slipped down in there.
The tent is definitely missing.
Which is really no big deal because we know about a bazillion people with tents who would be happy to lend one to us for the upcoming weekend. We are headed north with the destination being Shorts Brewing Company in Bellaire. What's awesome is that aside from Shorts and a vague idea of stopping in Traverse City either on our way up or on our way back down for a good meal, we have no plans. Go to Shorts. Fill as many growlers as we have. Go back to campsite. Drink growlers and eat food. And repeat. A beercation. With the Boyles. It's gonna be sweet.
As I suspected, this weekend kicked off some May fun right nice like. Not only did Peter successfully navigate across the state and back through a terrifying rainstorm. Not only was the Crofoot as cool as I had heard (outdoor courtyard with a bar and an upstairs deck outfitted with chairs, plus excellent bar service and a great vibe). Not only did Sharon Jones not disappoint. Thanks to my friend, Erika, I got to meet the reason I went to the show in the first place: Black Joe Lewis and the Honeybears. AND I met a couple of Dap Kings. So weird. I never like meeting famous people because I never know what to say. "Hi! I love you! I think you're awesome! Awesome! You were awesome! Thanks for an awesome show!" Thankfully, I was a couple of drinks in and somehow found myself talking to the horn/tambourine player about how it must be hard to be away from home so much and why he's glad they're not on Pitchfork's radar and the bass player said something about how their new stuff is completely totally different from what they're playing and Joe used to be really into punk and practically unlistenable and how they've got haters in Austin and why SXSW is really cool and how they're gonna smoke The Black Keys and how we should go see them when they play the Magic Stick in August and then I got a hug and a "I can't believe you guys will have driven 6 hours in order to see us! Thank YOU!" from a Honeybear.
So.
I think I'm going to see Black Joe Lewis and the Honeybears in August at the Magic Stick.
Anybody want to come?
Monday, May 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment