Wednesday, December 9, 2009

dirty projectors might be awesome

I’m sitting at the information desk watching what everyone seems to think is the beginning of a blizzard. Or a Lake Effect Snow Event. Or just winter as those of use who haven’t forgotten what winter IS call it. It’s snow, people. Just snow. Sure it blows around and sometimes the roads get slippery and sometimes you can’t see the road well, but it’s still just snow.

I am still hoping for a snow day tomorrow, I might add.

In other news, I just found out I have officially reached the top of my pay scale here at my job so unless west Michigan starts looking like the next Williamsburg and people start moving IN instead of OUT this is what I will be getting paid until I move and get a new job which is simultaneously exciting and depressing. I’m also working on an epic this-is-what-I-do-in-my-job manifesto. It’s really so if something horrific were to happen to Sue and I someone might be able to figure out what we do and how we do it because there is a fair amount of stuff that no one else here knows how to do which is, again, simultaneously exciting and depressing.

Granderson is being traded to the Yankees.

This is just depressing.

On the way home I’m stopping at the Cove for important snow day supplies: hot chocolate and buttershots. Let’s all hope tomorrow finds Peter and Erin sitting on the futon snuggling with Grace drinking said concoction watching season 5 of Lost.

Seriously. Think blizzardy thoughts for me.

No comments: